Are you tired of the same boring way of playing songs – only by strumming them? (“down-down-up”, etc.)
Think about the following songs – can you recall the guitar picking style that makes them sound special and stand out? I bet you do for at least most of them:
- Green Day – Time of Your Life
- Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven
- The Eagles – Hotel California
- Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
- Bob Dylan – Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright
- Fleetwood Mac – Landslide
- The Animals – House of The Rising Sun
This picking style – called arpeggio picking – where we pick the notes individually instead of strumming all strings together – is exactly the topic of the course.
This is personally my favorite way to play songs in – and I also really like to take songs that are originally strummed and instead spice them up using arpeggios.
You will learn exactly how to use the beautiful arpeggio technique and incorporate it into any song that you’ll choose to:
- All about playing songs using the arpeggio picking – and that means that we will be talking practically and using examples from popular rock and pop songs.
- Exactly how to transition ANY regular (strummed) song into an interesting, arpeggiated one.
- How to use the arpeggio technique both by using a pick or by using your fingers. (Fingerstyle arpeggio)
- The #1 secret for smoothness and accuracy when playing arpeggios – when a friend told me that – my whole approach to arpeggios became a lot more natural and easy, AND I sounded way better.
- When and in what parts of the songs it’ll usually sound better if you’ll use arpeggios instead of regular strums.
- You’ll be able to write songs using the arpeggio technique – songs that’ll be a lot more unique.
- Learn the exact arpeggio patterns for songs ranging from Bob Dylan, Jeff Buckley, R.E.M and many other greats.
- I will teach you a technique that I call the “Arpeggio Bass Stairways” – where you can add gorgeous, interesting transitions between the different chords of the song.
- How to make your arpeggios “dirty”, so you can add some power to the more intense parts of the song while still not playing the simple “down-down-up” kind of rhythm.
On top of that, as a bonus, you will learn many more things (see below) that will be of a huge help along your guitar journeys, some of them really took me years to find out.
Tricks, hacks and techniques: (Partial list, see the curriculum for the rest, and new lessons added every 1-2 months)
- The 13 most useful guitar apps in 2018 – apps that will actually help you improve much faster.
- How to find the correct strumming pattern for any song just by listening to it. (I know I have been struggling with this one for years until I figured it out)
- 8 ways to develop your time-keeping skills and really get that pro sound.
- How to use a capo to make sure the song matches your voice, and also to create different voicings when playing with another guitarist.
- 6 tips on how to easily conquer any barre chord. (like the F chord)
- 10 ways to improve your “musicality”.
- 4 ways to avoid the notorious pain in the fingertips that every guitarist encounters.
- My favorite 13 guitar accessories – things that’ll actually improve your guitar life.
- How to find that one chord that finishes the song perfectly.
- 6 ways to customize your guitar and add some elegant bling to it.
- The ideal fingernail length for playing guitar.
- 8 golden tips to get the most out of every practice session and improve much faster.
- The 4 pillars of the perfect guitar maintenance routine that’ll make your guitar fun to come back to.
- And More lessons that will enrich your skills and sound, with newer ones added regularly.
Why should you listen to me?
Hey! My name is Alon and I am 28 years old. I have been teaching music, both online and face to face, to tens of thousands of students in the last six years – while traveling four different continents and jammin’ and performing with many different musicians. I am mainly a guitarist, pianist and harmonica player, and I also play other instruments including the flute, trumpet and more. I am constantly looking for the best ways and shortcuts to teaching music effectively – and with FUN. The student feedbacks show that I do it very well. (:
My guitar blog, GuitarHippies-com, (founded 2014) where I share my tips for playing music, has a monthly readership of over 50K from over a 100 different countries and is one of the world’s top five most read guitar blogs*. I am also the founder of the Harmonica Jamz-com courses and blog that has been online since 2016 and has thousands of happy students here on Udemy.
Udemy Coupon Code : https://www.udemy.com/arpeggio-guitar-songs/?couponCode=JFNWIVN
Share with your friends :